Here’s what we’ll do in Rome on Friday, date and place of our first absolutely free and completely awesome micro-festival:
1. We will have a bunch of artists and writers and poets and they will all do performances, some of which will be planned and uptight, while others will be all loosey-goosey and weird.
2. We will have two bands who will play concerts: one will be Roman noisers ROMBI, the other a secret mystery act that we can’t reveal now but that will kick ass. We will also have an awesome dj-set by Hamburger Lady, whose musical selection is as delicious as her name suggests. UPDATE: The secret mystery act has been confirmed as SCANT INTONE, straight from Canada.
3. We will show a short movie produced by THE MILAN REVIEW for Slutever.com and Purple Magazine, titled VERY DESPERATE CHARACTERS (with apologies to Paula Fox).
4. We will have nine, NINE exhibitions. One each by: Massimiliano Bomba (drawings), Carola Bonfili (paintings), Maison Du Crac (B&W photocopied prints), Ratigher (comics), Francesco De Figueiredo (we still don’t know exactly what it is), Johnny Ryan (offensive post-its), Frédéric Fleury (more offensive post-its), Giorgia Malatrasi (photographs), Francesca Grossi (paintings).
5. We will have all our books on sale at redonkolous prices. 20% off everything!
6. We will high-five anyone who asks and give them candy and soda.
Here is where it will take place:
Forte Fanfulla, Via Fanfulla da Lodi 5, 00176 Rome, Italy. From 6PM onwards.
Here is the facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/124234104398258/
Here is a picture that asshole Johnny Ryan made for us:
See you in Rome!